A friend was asking if I could convince her bf to study abroad.
I am not exactly the right person to speak to him.
Everyone has a choice in life, of what he/she wishes to do.
We can only do so much as to share our experience and to provide our insights.
How much one takes it to account is by personal preference and initiative.
A month back this time I was in Vietnam. A place called Halong Bay. There I came across the floating village whereby every dwellers young and old had been staying on their respective boathouses since the dawn of their time.
A colleague was lamenting on the fact that the childrens will never get proper education. They will never enjoy the luxury of seeing the world we do. Their context will forever be bounded in a little water village that is Halong Bay.
From another perspective... they will never know what they miss, if they never had it from the beginning. What is there to compare... when there is none to be compared with from the beginning? How is one to measure the amount of sheer joy, in which they obtain in the confinement of a little village, in contrast to us city dwellers that never cease to fill the empty void that is our heart.
True happiness can come in the simplest of form. I simply find bliss in holding one's love so closely, you breathe the same air she does... An infusion of scent that uniquely tells the story of two... A sense of rhythm that is the pace of one's breathing...
Happiness can be as simple as an exploration of the senses with someone you find worthy of.
When will I be happy again...
?