Sunday, March 07, 2010

Falling Ill

Australia is basically a rather clean city to live in. The air is fresh (surprisingly the 3rd largest carbon footprint on earth), the climate change is bearable, but its inevitable for one to completely avoid the flu bug.

Over the discourse of 2008, I fell ill around the month of August. It was not a pleasant feeling. Throughout the recuperation period, one can't help but to think of those he/she dears for... The things I would trade for a moment of touch and a moment of care.

In 2010, I received this warm welcome from Melbourne just a week after arrival. I caught the flu bug. It was a sudden attack with no signs of warning from the body. The body suddenly loses strength, immense pain throughout... The worst part is having to travel so far a disorientated body.

When night falls it was prolly one of the worst experience I've came to experience till this point of life. The temperature is of 21 degrees celcius... But I was shivering under a 2" thick silk blanket, paired with an unbearable backache. It was a sleepless night. I resist calling you... even that I knew you're my instant pain killer. As I promised to take good care of myself and not having to let you worry.

The torturous experience lasted only for a night. For the next morning, I regained partial strength and feeling all rigor and ready to move. I moved into this new alien place just late yesterday. Although far off from the city, it is made up for its beautiful setting and my rather beautiful room. Plus the rent is at an affordable rate. My landlords are pretty nice people too. So nice that no bond or tie of agreement is required throughout the duration of my stay.

There was a hail storm yesterday as I was moving out. Ice missles as large as 5cm diameter shooting from the sky. The city was in chaos, people on the streets running frantically to gain shelter. The hail made its way through Melbourne city with a trail of destruction. The aftermath is rather daunting, streets filled with ambulances and red engines... Sirens ringing everywhere, while the streets are emptied in just moments.

All in all, all iz well. I manage to navigate my way back to my new home safely, and my recovery is at an optimistic rate. Today would be a better day.