This time around, I left the country in a hurry. I didn't prepare much before coming over. Everything was in a mess...
Every digital material was chucked into my thumbdrives and harddisks, while every necessity was stuffed into my luggage bag.
As we enter the 4th week now, there are still things that I need to sort out one by one. Not that I'm complaining. Perhaps being unorganized is not such a bad thing afterall.
Was downloading files via the school computer today. The norm. Get things downloaded, plugged in the thumbdrive...and as I was about to copy... "Disk Space Full" it prompted.
So I browsed through to see what could be removed. Took out some of the songs, trying to clear as much space as possible so that I could bring all my files back. There it stood a folder, 'Pictures' it says. So I went in wondering what possibly could be in that folder of mine...
Little memories I brought from PD... The silly smiles, the hilarious antics, random pictures that only I find relevance in... It brought a smile that pretty much stucked on my face for some pretty long hours...
I didn't get to copy every file home. Some spaces are just not disposable. The files can wait.
Today's sun was beaming brightly... on the way back... I stood awake... throughout the entire journey. Started to notice things that I wouldnt normally see when I was commuting home. Never noticed how near my current place is from a highschool. Never realized how many fastfood chains are there around the area... never realized a garden of wild daisies along the houses...not until now...
Friends are a little worried, why the constant excitement each time I see daisies on the streets, on someone's yard, in some florist's stand... They're prolly more concerned about my sexual preference over my state of mind. Nonetheless, such irregular behaviour pursues... I sneaked into a man's backyard... all for the sake of capturing a bunch of purple daisies.
Perhaps I was too engross with what I was doing, I was frightened by a sudden voice behind. "What are you doing in my lawn?" he said.
Panic ensues... had to think of a clever getaway, pronto. I stood up. Slowly turned behind, while simultaneously providing uplifts for the cheeks, and lips... as soon as my face gets fully alligned to the owner's, I was smiling like a Cheshire cat.
"Nothing!"
"Lovely daisies you have!"
"Have a nice day!!!"
Not a second too soon, I happily skipped away from the periphery that is his house's...and started running as soon as all visual connections between the owner and I were cut off.
Wether it's taking pictures of flowers, refinding lil memories or getting caught for my irregular behaviors... putting humility aside... it actually brought smiles day in and out.
I believe I've brought more than I expected in my luggage. Along with the clothes, toiletries, gadjets and documents... I brought these little things from Msia...
It's the little things in life... that make us all smile.
Have you smiled today?