In a surreal land, where the sky was filled with hues of purple and hints of orange...
there she was, resting under the shimmering stars of blue, sheltered by the glimmering coupola.
She seemed to be waiting,
awaiting someone or some sign from fate. But her posture seems inviting enough to pull me closer... Step by step I drew myself closer, there she was... staring at a withered rose she grasp ever so firmly by her hand...
The vague vision slowly clarifies itself in par with every step I make.
Indulged she was within her deep thoughts...
Only upon landing a wrong feet towards the pottery of roses; she then lifted her head up...
I have disturbed her thoughts... yet she greeted me with a smile, a vague smile...
fogged by her frowning eyes.
The forceful smile troubles my mind...
I can't help but to return her smile with another smile not any more sincere than she was.
Somehow... I felt her pain...
The strong urge to hold her by my arms... and stroke her from head to back into a comforting and securing status...
"You're safe now... you can cry in my arms... and I will never let go..." I said...
She gently placed her palms on the contour of my chest... and lay her head aligned to the intersection of my shoulder and neck...
and from there... she lifted her head...and captivated my vision with her smoky eyes... highlighted by her smeared mascara, which only magnified the effect.
Partially evaporated droplets of water by her mascara stains, were hints of a sad past and tears filled with sorrow...
She then slowly moved her hand towards my left cheek securing a position under the curvy lines formed slightly under the ear...
Her lips slightly parted...
and her jaws began to shake as she voice her thoughts...
or questions to be exact...
"Are you... the one....... I'm waiting for?" she asked...
I stared deeper into her eyes...
My soul lost in her eyes while my mind trapped within a labyrinth walled with questions...
"I...."
appears to be the only answer which I gave through the 5 mins span, hanging... and lost for words...
5mins... seemed to be an eternity at that very moment. She was anticipating an answer...
And I needed time to search for the answer...
Every reaction is bounded by an action... while every action is bounded by moral values, rationality and justifications...
However the heart always works in contrast towards the rational mind...
With all I may... I wished to say "Yes... I am!" with a firm voice and a slightly tightened hug...
But with these 3 words... there holds a greater responsibility I'm speculative of bearing.
Her patience cannot tolerate any more prolonged waiting and hesitation...
she demanded an answer... as she sighed and gradually move her head downwards... away from my vision... while pressures increased from her palms... trying to deflect my embracement...
I had to let go...
It never took long for her to return to her original posture and indulgement of thoughts...
While a travelator slowly formed from ground... just below my feet...
dragging my heavy body away from her...
Silent I remained...
she glanced back at me... in disappointment...
As I mumble under my breath... "i'll be back when i have the answer... bear with me...."
I stare blankly as the beautiful maiden... along with the surreal settings... vanished into a pin point over the horizon of sight...
*chimes of Nokia's signature music over-repeatedly played in the background*
It was already 9.00 a.m. Time for school...
It seemed somewhat like a dream...
but I know...
I must go back for her when I'm sure... hoping that it's not too late for a honest confession.