Saturday, July 16, 2005

You Scratch My Back Then I'll Scratch Yours

So... What is respect?

According to www.dictionary.com
respect brings the meaning of

Meaning 1
1.To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.

Dear extremist, you managed to show a certain level of deferential regard for my social affairs with frens whom i deem unworthy to keep in touch with.
However, you failed to comply with the essence of respect. Esteem.

Esteem - the condition of being honored

Not only did u jeopardized respect, you even jeopardized my point of view in life.
A suggestion is an option given for ppl to choose from, thus refusing to take a suggestion is not a crime nor a violation of respect and definitely should not be put as "not willing to be enlightened."
If every suggestion were to be taken, that makes it a compulsary statement and not a suggestion.

Enlighten - To give spiritual or intellectual insight to

Dear extremist, having some sort amount of confidence is good, but too much makes u arrogant.
Do you happen to have similar experience as what I have overcome and evidence to show that you had overcame it better than I did? If not, how worthy do you deem yourself to be on claiming that I refuse to choose the happier way out?

Happiness had always been a subjective matter. To some, eating a cup of ice-cream a day deems to be more than heaven itself. While some take ice-cream as a creation of the devil itself.
How can 2 opinions vary so much from one another?
Which deems to be right?
We would nvr know. while one is enjoying from the tasty bit of ice-cream, another is suffering from its cold dental frost bites.

I find staying good friends with hypocrites is an act of hypocrisy itself. Maybe you can see higher than that. You find being good friends with them grant you power to another universe or even beyond that. But I cant feel that. I cant feel the orgasmic joy you're feeling. You can tell me how good it is. But I'll never know. As I am one of the few victims of birth who suffers frost bite everytime we eat an ice-cream.
Good for you, if you get to experience the taste of joy out of being good friends with him. But I don't.

Now we move on the meaning 2 of the word respect.
2.To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.

Ahh... to avoid violation or interference with. Dear extremist, with all do respect, have you been avoiding the interference you are doing? Are you now passing a judgement on me?
Am I now inferior as I failed to see things the way you see?
You had'nt respected my decision and you are even making a judgement that I have not been giving a chance to him.
He will always be a friend. But no longer a good friend. A "hi-bye" friend perhaps.
If he wishes to say sorry, he will.
I have been sitting there, answering questions he threw at me politely without much concern of the past damage he had inflicted on me. Is that not giving a chance for him to apologise?
He can ask me out for a tea session where there's only me and him. A place suitable enough to solve our conflicts. Has he done that? Or tried to?
The chance is always there. Whether he takes it or not, that is up to him. And never mine.

I went through your suggestion, but I just have too much conflicting rebutal points in my tiny lil mind, insignificant to yours, telling me that there's nothing more I can do. Thus I followed my very own decision.

If you wish to continue this argument...
Go on... maybe one day... you will suceed in enlightening my insignificant mind. Proving everything you said is true.

But for now, dear extremist, respect my decision. Respect me.
Respect is mutual my friend.
You always manage to come up with insulting remarks on my other friends and sometimes... even on me. But you still have my respect. And my friendship forever.
Only due to one reason, because u're true.
Hypocrites... a-ah *shakes head non-chalantly*.... not my type.