A distant call back to home today...
She sounds contained...
Then I got to know she went for surgery few days prior before my call.
She went for surgery without letting me know.
She's afraid I might be distracted.
I held on to my tears.
For I am a man.
Made another call to a family I called home.
She sounds well.
She plans to save up all her annual leave so she can come see me for graduation...
She dare not take a single day off she's not entitled too.
Hoping she has a stronger chance in negotiating a long week off.
I held on to my tears.
For I am a man.
At times I asked myself... why do I fight?...
It is not just a battle for my honor...
But also to honor the family's pride.
She might not be the best mother in the world.
But she is my mother.
She will never be my maternal mother...
But she is nothing less of a mother.
And for that... they will always be my reason...
to fight.
I love you mom(s).