Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hone Your Sharpest Sword

The other director was sharing a strategy with me the other day. A strategy on how to excel in life it seems, and often architects are born with the inane ability to relate every concept there is to the mechanics of the universe.

She was telling me on how we should not waste time improving on what we're poor at. Instead, we should just focus on what we're good at and make it unbeatable.

I called it honing your sharpest sword.

Through the internship, I have found my sharper swords. All sharpened and ready to pierce. In the process, I also uncovered the blunt swords. Piles and piles of them.

Today I am forced to face one of these blunt swords. I have been struggling the entire day just to swing this sword at the right vigor and strength. Yet to no avail.

And here I am, being the only one left in the office, swinging and honing this hopelessly blunt sword hoping it would cut through the obstacles ahead.
Sometime I wonder if it's my own problem that I set such difficult tasks for myself.
it is inevitable that I have to go looking for trouble from time to time.

truly disappointed with myself, yet I'm not tired. I should be drained empty by now. Yet I'm still clinging on.

I guess, my other sword is acting in support for this blunt one.

The sword of persistance. I should avoid honing this sword to greater extent.

I do cut myself from time to time.


Keep it up.