Sunday, April 27, 2008

AYE?!?! SORRY!

Greetings from Australia!

This is prolly my first Australian post.
Not one that I would be proud of.

"Blog potential, ZEN! " as Esther exclaimed.

Ok. So this all started with a call back to Malaysia.
I was making a phone call on a public phone home.
Well, mom wasn't quite home yet, so the call is to no avail.
But I got to listen to my niece's voice though.
She seem to comprehend me a lot better now,
significant improvement on her comprehension skills and linguistic motor development.


So a little introduction to where I'm staying.
I'm staying in a service apartment, with a unit of 2 bedrooms, equipped with a kitchen, toilet and a living room.
Currently at 4th floor. Vital information here. Cause it would all relate to the story of my today's misadventure.


So, after the call, I started marching back to my apartment.
I took the lift... and pressed 4.
And so, doing what I normally would do, I walk around, in the lift, inspect the lift's door to see if there's any coins, dirt, credit card, platinum ring, well you know the drill.

And the lift stopped, so I stood really near to the door, and I sort of frightened the girl standing right in front of it.
As I walk away from the lift, I start to ponder, if there's such a girl living on my floor...
hmmm, have never seen her around.
She's kinda sweet.
Oh well nvm...


and so I walked to where my unit is suppose to be on the 4th floor...and tried using my key against the lock.
Upon fastening my key to the lock, I notice, the lock wont barge.
So "Nevermind, " I thought to myself. "Perhaps the key doesn't work if the door is unlocked?"
And so I chose to unfaster the door via the knob...

And my first impression of my place...
"Hmm, this is quaint. It's slightly brighter."

"Hmm, what's with the curry scent? I didn't cook curry."
"Hmm, what's with the 2 indian couple cuddling on my couch..."
"Hmm, what's with ....."


WTH?!

Since when I have 2 indian housemates?


They stared blankly at me... while my mind process this whole ordeal...
contemplating if this was a flash mob prank directed at me...


Fat chance.
I need to think quick, act fast.
I see an exit, I took it. And cleverly responded...
"AYE?!?!"
"SORRY!"
and I fled.

As I ran to the lift... I saw the floor indicator board pinned to the wall....
It read...
"3rd FLOOR"

shit!
Perfect, simply perfect.
And to top it this all with a cherry on the icing, the girl had to laugh like a hyena.
I think I can still hear her at the comfort of my place on the 4th floor.
A floor above hers.